Wednesday, October 5, 2011

NICE 'N' EEEEEEZY

One of my coworkers had a great sense of humor. What follows is a classic example of his wit. 03/10/2016
                                           NICE ‘N’ ‘EEEEEEZY’  
        In 1980 (or thereabout), a government agency studied video display terminals, focusing on radiation, industrial hygiene, health complaints, and ergonomics. The study found no significant health hazards existed. It suggested that employees could be made more comfortable (and presumably more productive) if employers paid greater attention to the lighting and seating arrangements of workstations.
I routed the findings of the study to my staff via e-mail, with a tongue-in-cheek note that read:  "Bio-technically speaking, it's comforting to know the Fed's have OK’d VDT's. I hope you are all working diligently to protect our employees from the ill effects noted in the report."
   One response came back:
"Your energetic examination and your enigmatic and esoteric ergonomic evaluation elated an otherwise ebony era in my existence. I eagerly eschew ensconcing employees in any but an ergonomically engineered environment envisioned to elicit ecstatic and ebullient exclamations of excitement. Your erudition in extricating eclectic essays essential to ensconce your employees entirely in equable environs is enviable.
Let's effect it.
Effluently yours,
Tom Keleher."
This exquisite response exhausted me.    
Instead of a bonus, I gave him an E for effort.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment